CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009


Jack Plays T-Ball


  Jack had his first T-Ball game last week. He plays with some of his friends from school. It is going to take some getting used to. Everyone bats and everyone scores. There are no outs. I think this is kind of confusing, but they all seem to have fun. We are a competitive family though so this is not our mentality. Oh well it's YMCA and they have no idea what they are doing anyway. Jack played 3rd base and he does not understand that he is supposed to stand on the base after the hit so that the others can throw it to him. When I was trying to tell him he would look at me like I was stupid and explain that he did not have the ball. "I only go to the base when I have the ball." After the third time of trying I gave up. He will learn I guess, and I learned my lesson about stressing the kids out after Kait's first attempt at soccer. Yes, I was the crazy mom who ran up and down the sidelines yelling "Just kick the ball!!!" She did not kick the ball, I looked crazy, and she did not want to continue her soccer career. Lesson learned!! And a lot of others got a good laugh at my expense. I told you I am a little competitive. Jack did great he had 2 good hits and stopped a couple of grounders. Way to go Jack!! He also enjoyed playing with friends.


This is Jack waiting for his turn to bat. I think the water jug in the dugout was a bigger hit than the game itself.

Here is Jack sliding home. This was necessary why? Not sure. Maybe it was all the pressure of the catcher they don't have, maybe he thought he would be out (there are no outs), or maybe he's a boy and thought this stain will be really hard for mom to get out YEA!! So far baseball has been a hit. I just hope I can keep myself in check so he won't give up to soon, and I won't be known as that crazy mom again. His little team is the Red Raiders (Linda you should appreciate that). 



0 comments: