Jamaica 2009
We just got back from Ocho Rios, Jamaica for our annual family vacation. It was a blast. The beach in Jamaica is beautiful and crystal clear. Jack actually swam in the ocean this year. Kait has always loved the ocean, but Jack has always liked the pool better. This year we only swam in the pool twice during the whole vacation. Jack even snorkeled a little. The pictures above are from a place called Dunns River Falls. It is absolutely beautiful. I have never seen anything like it. We hiked up 600 feet of water falls. It was cold water and we had to walk hand in hand up the falls which was difficult with the kids, but there were stops along the way. Slides out of the rocks. It was a lot of fun. Jack liked it for a while, but the cold water got to him at the end. We also snorkeled near the hotel. This was a first for me. I am a little chicken of the ocean. Okay I am a big chicken. I am afraid of sharks. Silly I know, but I just think that if I do finally give in and swim that Jaws will find me. I did it though and Jaws did not get me. It was actually really cool. There was a reef straight out from the hotel and as far down the beach as you could see. This kept the waves down to almost nothing, and Kris told Jack it also kept the sharks out. So he went with us to snorkel. The water was about 6 feet deep and as clear as glass. We saw sea snakes, sea urchins, sting rays, blow fish, and other little things. I only looked around for jaws a few times through the excursion. We ate a ton as usual, watched some really cool shows, danced at the beach party, and just enjoyed being together. This year it was the usual 11 of us. My parents, Amy & Jason, Kris, the kids, and I, Uncle Mike and his 2 kids. Then we also added Mike's fiance (happened during the trip ahhh...) and her 2 kids. There were 14 of us in all. The 6 kids got along great, and that allowed us to watch them play while laying out on the beach. You can't beat that. We played a lot of volleyball, and of course beat a lot of people. It was great until I jammed the hell out of my toe. It was black and blue the rest of the trip. That didn't stop the volleyball though. It did stop me from being a good defensive player. It is nice to be home, but I have been looking for the buffet all day and cannot find it. I guess I become the maid, cook (don't listen to Kris), entertainer, and chauffeur all in one again. Can't wait until next year!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment