CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

My Mowing Adventure

Today I decided to mow the yard because it was looking like a jungle. Kris gave me complete instructions as if I had never mowed the yard before, but for some reason he thinks it looks much better when he does it. Anyway, I followed his instructions something I rarely do. I think that is what messed me up. This time I agree that it does look better when he mows it. The grass was wet and the high. Not a good combo for mowing. I could barely push the mower, and it continued to stop because so much grass was stuck underneath it. About the 7th time I flipped it over to remove the grass (not safe I know) I burned my hand on the front of the mower. After a few choice words and cold compress on the hand, Jack informed me that "I just needed to be tough about my hand. He showed me where his foot was "broke" ( a small scratch), and explained how he was very tough." He also told me that Jesus does not like me to talk like that. Kids, you gotta love them. So I decided to finish the yard with one good hand. It is done, but I must say I have done better. If I know Kris he will read the blog before leaving work and worry about what I did to the lawn the whole way home. So don't worry honey it's not that bad. I know this is not a big event to blog about, but for anyone who saw me I am sure they got a good laugh. I am off to the gym now to watch Kait flip around.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly, your mother used to laugh at me for giving so much detail in my emails. I have cut back, but yours just reminded me of the ones I used to do. It was great seeing y;all. Luke is having a great time in Shreveport. He is going to do something everyday. He is seeing Hancock today. I will talk to you later.

Margaret said...

I love Jack's "Jesus doesn't like you to talk like that." He is precious.

Margaret said...

Jesus doesn't like it when you talk like that. I thought I taught you better.

Margaret said...

I am having issues with my computer. I am a dork.

Holly, Ben, and Reid said...

LOVE the blog, Holly!! Let's get together again for lunch soon...also, I'd love to come watch Kait =)