Today we went to the Alliance Air Show. A friend of mine flies a B-52 (the first woman to fly one in the reserves) which I think is pretty cool. I have never been up close to a plane this size. It was HUGE!!!! Heather was nice enough to take us up in the cockpit. Kaitlyn thought that was cool because everyone else wanted to go in and they couldn't. Jack wanted to know if we were going to fly it? Kait has decided that she wants to be a pilot too. Not just a pilot, but the commander like Heather so that people have to say "yes ma'am" to her. I say go for it Kait. Although I would not like her to actually fly active duty. Jack was kind of quiet there. He had some questions for Heather. The car ride home he was full of questions. This is Jack in the co-pilot seat he was a little scared to touch anything because he thought it might start flying. Now every plane we see he asks "is that girl flying that one?"
Kaitlyn took the pilot seat of course. She was not scared of touching anything, and she wanted to know what button released the bombs? Note to self remember to stay on Kait's good side!
And of course Kris had to fly also!! I think he was just as excited as the kids about the plane. Secretly I think he hoped that he could fly the plane.
And this is Heather who made the kids day!(And Kris' too) I guess it pays to have friends who fly their own B-52 at the Air Show. Thanks Heather!!!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
The Air Show
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
cute picture's, wasn't Sunday a work day for someone.....
Go Kait, you would be a great flyer! Jack would be a great flyer too! Looks like Heather made the kids day.
Love,
Nini
Post a Comment