We have been keeping busy around here. This week we went to Six Flags with some friends. It was a great way to start the week. Kaitlyn was finally tall enough to ride Batman so now she can say she has ridden every ride there. Jack started his roller coaster riding this trip too. He rode the Runaway Mine Train. He is not quite like Kait. The rule in our house is you ride it once and if you do not like it you never have to ride it again. This worked great with Kait she likes them all. I think it might backfire with Jack. He rides and says he likes it, but doesn't want to ride again. Oh well I guess I will have to think of a new rule.
We also went to build a bear this week. Jack loved it!! This time he really got into washing the bear. Although on the ride out there he kept calling it "kill a bear." Don't ask me where that came from. I guess the idea of running around shooting at bears sounds fun to boys. Luckily, he liked building a bear without the killing part. Now we have a new Batman panda to add to our collection. Kaitlyn has a new puppy named Sassy.
Kris also had a softball game this week. He was the catcher, and this was an "important" game. They were playing the same team they played in the championship game last season. They were losing which always makes Kris happy. The other teams pitcher is a loud mouth and looks like the guy on King of Queens. Everyone knows him in the league. Anyway, toward the end of the game a ball was over thrown to home. Kris is getting to it when he notices that King of Queens is running for home plate. Any of you who know Kris already knows he was not about to just give him the run. Needless to say there was a large collision that sent King of Queens( all 250 lbs of him) flying through the air. I am telling you if you have not experienced recreational softball you need to!!
I can't believe summer is almost over! It is almost time for school clothes shopping and meet your teachers. Although this means some free time for me. I can't complain about that!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Summer Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love your picture you put on the top of your blog. Was it hard to do?
This is a cute page! i love it! Sounds like yall are having fun! miss yall!
cute pictures love reading your messages and the kids are adorable (look just like me)
Love, Gema
Post a Comment