CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kait starts 4th grade


Well it is official, my baby is in her last year of elementary school. She started school yesterday and is such a big girl. She uses her alarm clock, and fixes her own breakfast. She did not even want me to walk in with her. I guess the days of needing me to do everything are ending. I have said I could not wait for them to be self sufficient for years, but now that she actually is I'm not so sure I want it. I can change my mind you know I am a woman. Time goes by so fast, and I should not worry too much. I still have Jack who I think would let me wipe him until he goes off to college. Kaitlyn is in Mrs. Samuel's class with several of her girlfriends. It should be a great end to her elementary school days.


I think getting back into the swing of things is as hard for me as it is for the kids. Going to bed early and waking up too EARLY!!! I am just not liking it. Luckily Kait buys her lunch everyday so I don't have to make lunches until next week when Jack starts. Our goal this year is to not get any letters about tardiness. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you though.

2 comments:

Holly, Ben, and Reid said...

WOW...4th grade...where did the time go??? Let's get together for lunch or dinner soon...what works for you?

Margaret said...

Kait is an independent girl just like her Mom was. Thank goodness since I wasn't always with it in the morning. Actually I was never with it in the morning.